Thursday, August 8, 2013

Flower Crayon Art- Without the Crayons!




You will need:
Canvas
Crayons in shades of green
Super glue or crazy glue
Blow dryer or heat gun
Fake flowers
Piece of cardboard

After doing my Flower Crayon Art and Seattle Rainy Day Crayon Art, I thought it might be nice to make one without the crayons stuck to the canvas so that it looks a bit more mature. :)

So what I did, is glue some green crayons to a piece from a cereal box along the edge. The great part about doing this is you don't need 40 crayons- because you can heat and melt the crayons in sections, and then move the piece of cardboard over and blow again in a new spot!

So I did just that! Using only the greens from 1 box of crayons. As I mentioned in my other flower art post, the most difficult part was trying to follow just one or two of the melted paths upward to create a "stem" without just making it look like the grass went all the way up.

One you have your "stems" created- attach your favorite fake flowers to the canvas with some super glue!

Click here to get to my original Pinterest post of this craft and re-pin away!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment